After my “You’re Beautiful” obsession, I searched for more Asian dramas to watch. I’ve always wanted to try watching Boys Over Flowers because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Since I was completely obsessed with “You’re Beautiful” when I started watching BOF (and because I already had an idea of what the story was about, having watched “Meteor Garden”) I didn’t think that I would like it that much, but I actually enjoyed it.
The story begins when Geum Jan Di, a “commoner” working at a porridge shop , is offered a swimming scholarship to Shin Hwa high school, a prestigious academy made exclusively for the children of the elite members of society. This includes the infamous F4, a group of four boys led by the notorious Goo Jun Pyo. F4 is well known throughout Korea for their good looks and the power they have over society. When Jan Di’s friend, Oh Min Ji, gets into trouble with Goo Jun Pyo, Jan Di sticks up for her and ends up declaring war against Jun Pyo. Completely new to the idea of someone standing up to him, Goo Jun Pyo finds Geum Jan Di’s strong will interesting and soon starts to develop feelings for her.
- Koo Hye Sun as Geum Jan Di
- Lee Min Ho as Goo Jun Pyo
- Kim Hyun Joong as Yoon Ji Hoo
- Kim Bum as So Yi Jung
- Kim Joon as Song Woo Bin
- Kim So Eun as Chu Ga Eul (Jan Di’s best friend)
- Kim Hyun Joo as Goo Joon Hee (Jun Pyo’s elder sister)
- Lee Hye Young as Kang Hee Soo (Jun Pyo’s mother)
- Han Chae Young as Min Seo Hyun (F4’s best friend/Ji Hoo’s ex girl friend)
- Lee Min Jung as Ha Jae Kyung (JK Group’s CEO’s daughter and Jun Pyo’s fiancee)
- Lee Jung Gil as Yoon Seok Young (Ji Hoo’s grandfather)
- Jung Ho Bin as Jung Sang Rok (Kang Hee Soo’s Chief Secretary)
(I’m too lazy to write about all the characters, so I’ll just talk about F4 and Jan Di)