I’ve been working for about a month and a half now and I still haven’t gotten my my first paycheck. I’m not panicking (yet) because I know this is normal for new UPLB employees. When I worked here for the first time back in 2006, I think I got my first paycheck around mid-July. I called HRDO last week and they told me that the “council” (I can’t remember if that was the word they used to describe the important people who would be signing our papers) would meet on the 25th, so hopefully I’ll get my salary shortly after that.
Anyway, in anticipation of my first paycheck, I’ve made a list of things I plan to spend my money on 😀
1. A new flat iron – I still haven’t replaced my old broken one. Ezra has kindly been letting me use hers these past few weeks
(It doesn’t have to be pink, but I have seen a few pink VS flat irons around … hmmm…)
2. New clothes for teaching – After spending 3 years as a full time student, my closet is now mostly composed of bright shirts, jeans and mini skirts. While I do love them, I am told that they are not appropriate for lectures. It looks like I’m in need of a serious wardrobe makeover.
The good news is that teacher clothes doesn’t mean boring clothes anymore – I can be decent and be cute too right?
3. A hair spa treatment – My hair is in some serious need for TLC!
4. A full tank of gas – It’s been years since my car has gotten an entire tank. I normally just load P500-1000 worth, and these days I can’t even afford that. My dad took pity on me the other week and had P2000 worth of gas put in, and I’ve been conserving it since then. Hopefully it will last until I get my salary.
5. Shoes – I’m thinking of getting either a new pair of flats or new sneakers
6. Vampire Academy and Dark Swan graphic novels – I saw these on Ebay months ago (back when I was still reading the books) and I promised myself that I will have them. My obsession with the books have faded slightly but I’m still thinking of getting the graphic novels if I ever find myself with some extra cash.
7. A new camera lens or an external flash – it’s been 3 years since I last bought anything for my camera. I’ve been thinking of getting an external flash, but my 18-55mm kit lens has been having some problems so I might have to find a replacement for that first. I’m still thinking about which lens to buy though. I don’t really have anything particular in mind as of the moment…
8. Lash extensions – This is something I’m still thinking about as well. I’ve been seeing some of my favorite bloggers/vloggers getting lash extensions (SLOAB, Xiaxue, etc…) and they seem really nice, but I’m not sure if I would be able to maintain them. I tend to rub my eyes a lot, and I wash my face vigorously at night – two things that you aren’t supposed to do when you have the extensions on. I’m worried that I might not be able to keep the lashes on for more than a week if I ever decide to get them. But we’ll see 🙂
(picture taken from Xiaxue’s blog)
My salary isn’t that big so this is a pretty ambitious list for me, but hey – a girl can dream right? 😀 Hopefully within a few months I’ll have most of these things – and more! 😀 The good news is that my dad took pity on me (again) last week and offered to lend me some money until I get my paycheck, so it looks like I’ll be able to check some of these items off sooner than expected. Hooray!
Hair spa anyone? XD