Hi! I’m Carmi! Welcome to my little space on the internet! Feel free to look around😀
Some things about me that you might find interesting:
- I’m a little vain. I like calling myself a “self portrait artist” because it gives me an excuse to take loads of pictures of myself. I’m on my 7th round of the 52-week self portrait project on Flickr. I started in 2009 and I learned that I really enjoy posing for a camera on a tripod and making myself look better in Photoshop. I post all my self portraits on this blog, but if you want to see my other works, check out my Flickr stream (link below). Although lately I haven’t been able to shoot as much so my stream mainly consists of just my self portraits.
- Photomanipulations make me happy. Photoshop is da bomb! I love that I’m able to take the surreal images I have in my head into digital form to share with others. (And the fact that I can make myself look like I have flawless skin doesn’t hurt…)
- I may seem friendly and talkative online, but I’m actually very shy and awkward in real life. Many people mistake this for being snobbish, but most of the time I just really don’t know what to say. To avoid making a fool of myself, I just keep quiet.
- Internet junkie. I will stay online all day if you let me.
- Bookworm. Books have saved me from boredom more times than I can count. Please leave me recommendations if you have any favorites😀
- Piano lover. I used to take lessons but now I just play for fun. I started off playing classical piano when I was younger, but these days I mostly just play whatever song I’m currently into, which are usually K-pop songs or K-drama soundtracks. (Although I’m so busy nowadays that I’m lucky if I even get to spend a few minutes on the piano.)
- Loves Asian dramas and music. I’m definitely a J-drama and K-drama fangirl. I love Japanese and Korean variety shows too. RUNNING MAN FTW!!!
- Loves makeup and beauty products. I didn’t start wearing makeup until after college, so now I’m making up for all those lost years of kikay-ness.
- Potterhead. JK Rowling is a genius for coming up with the whole Harry Potter universe. I love all the books~ My favorite is PoA (followed closely by HBP) mainly because I love the Marauders so much (I’m a big JxL shipper too).
- I have an awesome family~ So don’t be surprised to see this blog filled with their faces😀
This blog was the product of sheer boredom, and I’m glad I’ve managed to keep it alive for a little over 5 years now. When I first started, I intended for it to be a beauty/photography blog, but over the years it morphed into a place where I can share random tidbits of my life. I do post beauty and photography related entries every now and then, but you’ll also find many entries about my thoughts and reviews on various things (such as books, movies and Asian dramas), piano and music related stuff, vacation pictures, and a bunch of other random posts about my friends and family.
Hope you enjoy looking around. Feel free to leave a comment~
Thanks for dropping by!
You can also find (and add) me on these other sites listed below. Although I haven’t been able to update them much these days (except for Flickr).
P.S. For those who are curious, my blog URL came from Selphie’s final weapon in the game Final Fantasy 8 – my favorite game of all time. I also used to have a short quote on my header which came from something Sepiroth said in Final Fantasy 7, but I had to remove it when I changed my blog layout T__T